|Sofia University, Faculty of Physics, Department of Meteorology and Geophysics, 5 James Bourchier Blvd., BG-1164 Sofia, Bulgaria|
- Fog analysis and forecasting
Publications: Articles in Journals
- N. Penov, D. Pancheva, P. Mukhtarov, G. Guerova "Ionospheric response to sudden stratospheric warming in January 2009 recorded by ionosonde measurements", 68, No 2, 241-250, 2015. Available from: http://www.proceedings.bas.bg/
Publications: Articles in Books
- Stoycheva A., N. Penov and G. Guerova, "Investigation of fog in Bulgaria using GNSS tropospheric products", in COST Action ES1206: Advanced Global Navigation Satellite Systems tropospheric products for monitoring severe weather events and climate, Jones J., G. Guerova, J. Dousa, G. Dick, S. de Haan, E. Pottiaux, O. Bock, R. Pacione, R. van Malderen [editors], Springer [publisher], 2020, 206-210, doi:10.1007/978-3-030-13901-8_4.
Oral and poster presentations
- Penov N., A. Stoycheva, I. Manafiov, K. Vassileva, and G. Guerova "NWP simulations of three fog cases at Sofia and Plovdiv airports", EGU 7-12/04/2019 Vienna Austria. (poster)
- N. Penov, "Ionospheric response to sudden stratospheric warming during January 2009 seen by ionosonde measurements", GNSS4SWEC summer school, 8-11/09/2014, Golden Sands, Bulgaria. (poster)
Media: High school publications
- N. Penov, "Monitoring migrations with GNSS", Priroda magazine, v 1, pp. 100-104, 2013.